Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined today to get some encouragement & advice for training for the Wokingham 1/2 in Feb 07. I've done a half marathon each spring for the last few years but struggle to motivate myself to train consistently, hence the username :confused:!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Welcome Lazyjones.
If my experience of this site is anything to go by then just reading the posts will give you motivation.You'll get some good advice too.
It's helped me loads.:)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Lazyjones, welcome to the forum.

I just wondered whether you always do the same 1/2 marathon each year, as this may contribute to you not having the motivation as you always know what to expect from the race? :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hi there,
Do you do any other races or just the spring 1/2m? It might help motivation to vary your events and throw in a 5k or 10 k.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there dale, hot foot, telmadee, twinkle toes & steve, thanks for taking the time to say hello. In reply to twinkle toes & steve, it is the same 1/2m (reading) that I do every year with a group of friends. I suspect I should book some more races to keep up the motivation levels. I did do a couple of 10k's & a 5 mile last summer but then had a few months of non running. I am planning to do a 1/2m this feb (wokingham) as a build-up to running the new york marathon next november (if I can get in)... :eek:.
I see you have just done a 1/2m steve, nice one, & that you are planning a feb 1/2m too twinkle toes, how's the training going?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
My half wasn't as good as I had originally hoped for due to persistant niggles but I got round.

Have you thought about joining a running club for motivation?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
LazyJones said:
Hi there dale, hot foot, telmadee, twinkle toes & steve, thanks for taking the time to say hello. In reply to twinkle toes & steve, it is the same 1/2m (reading) that I do every year with a group of friends. I suspect I should book some more races to keep up the motivation levels. I did do a couple of 10k's & a 5 mile last summer but then had a few months of non running. I am planning to do a 1/2m this feb (wokingham) as a build-up to running the new york marathon next november (if I can get in)... :eek:.
I see you have just done a 1/2m steve, nice one, & that you are planning a feb 1/2m too twinkle toes, how's the training going?
It's going quite good so far, just getting the base training in, like you took the summer off from running far too hot for a start, so getting my head back around to running taking my life back over ha ha - hope you get your motivation back... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts