Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone.

I've only been running for a couple of months and I hope I wont be shunned by all you experienced runners. I run in the evenings, but would prefer to run in the morning as my evenings can be busy. The only problem is that when I run before breakfast I feel faint and when I run after breakfast I feel sick (for obvious reasons). Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it? I'd be really grateful of any advice. Thanks guys.

xxx

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Isabel

Welcome to the forum, you will just need to try work out what works best for you I'm afraid, some people can go and run on very little or nothing and some can't run for a good few hours after eating.

I find having porridge or a banana as they will digest quite easily, which will enables me to run approx 40 mins to an hour after eating, but this will also depend on how far you are running as well to make sure you have enough fuel.

You could always trying having a carb loaded evening meal which should see you through on an early morning run if you don't have time to have breakfast wait for it to go down and then run?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi Isabel,

I've only run a few times in the morning as I'm a night runner, but the couple of times I have, I made sure I had a big pasta type meal the night before, got up an hour earlier than normal and had some toast and OJ.

Seemed to work for me.

All the Best

Granty (Winner of the March 25th Virtual race)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Isabel,
Not everyone on here is experienced and you certainly won't be shunned.

I'm in the "can't eat a thing for at least 4 hours before a run camp" so morning running is ideal for me...well it would be if I could get my act together and get up early enough before work!

Perhaps you should try as has been suggested or a sports drink before/whilst running. It is a case of seeing what works for you.
All the best.

Granty.....tempting fate there I think!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
firsttimer said:
Granty - just noticed the new signature!!! a little confident are we?
LOL - not a signiture, just tempting fate so see what it looked like ............ just in case :asleep:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Isabel.

I need least 2 hour after eating before I run.

If I go on a long run at 8 on a Sunday morning I get up at 5, have my breakfast and go back to bed.

Thats why Granty will finish behind me on the 25th March................................:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts