Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ! Just a quick hello and mini intro. Newish to regular running (last 4months) but I think I'm here to stay thanks to Nike+ and the soon to be ownership of a 305.

Always doing some sort of sport, latest craze for me is adventure racing and duathlon's and about to sign up to next years Tough Guy.

I live in Bramhall which is near Stockport where I do most my running. Have recently on last couple of holidays took trainers away and ran whilst away - highly recommend Central Park NYC !!!

Told you it was a mini one.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome to RF Platti, it's always a bit quiet on here at the week end. But stick around, we're a friendly bunch here with lots of really useful advice and some good old banter to keep things lively.

I also enjoyed Central Park when I was there, but that was in my 'fat' days before running. I found Central Park a welcome change of view going to a horizontal layout from a vertical one! New York is a fantastic city but I did really feel claustrophobic with the tall buildings penning me in.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Is it the correct login name, I believe it's an email address usually.

Also note that it only attempts update 7 mins past every even-numbered hour.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Platti

Welcome to RF.

I went to NYC in early June this year and packed my runners, but it had a mini heatwave over a 100 for the entire time I was there, way way way too hot for me, so didn't get to run. :(

good luck with your events.

TT :d

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah loads and loads of runners. I went about 6-30/7am and it was busy. There were also loads of cyclists and shooting round on the outside.

Highly recommend it if anyone gets out there, you soon knock out the miles without even realising it. As twinkle toes said though it can get rather hot in the summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts