Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have only been running a couple of weeks. but due to my flat feet i have been getting alot of achs and pains so im of to buy some flat feet inserts for my running shoes. can anyone tell me how long will it take for me to get use to these?. And are they as good as people say?
thanks
fred

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have custom orthotics made for me by my podiatrist without them I would be unable to keep running as being slightly flat footed and knock kneed I'm prone to knee, hip and shin problems. They help but I have to be careful not to overtrain.

Its normal as a beginner to get some aches and pains but pay attention and remeber your rest days are an active part of your training programme. Also remember to stretch thoroughtly afterwards.

When you bought your running shoes did yu have a gait analysis?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi the guy at sports shop recommend i get a well supported shoe and surrgested i got the mizuno shoe but since having these my foot stills rolls inwards so i decided to get a pair of orthotic inserts which im still getting use to, The last time i tried anything like this was the early ninties which were made of hard plastic and were a nightmare to wear. So hopfully i will be up and running in no time with these new inserts
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like you may need either a high stability shoe or perhaps a motion control shoe to correct the overpronation. If you are seeing a podiatrist...I'd recommend a good neutral shoe with a deep heel counter so your heel won't slip out of the back once the insole is in. NB, Asics, and Brooks are a few suggestion. Which Mizuno shoe did they put you in? Take your shoes to a Sweatshop. They know shoes and gait anaylsis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts