Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Allan here, 27M from Taupo New Zealand.
I've been running about 8 months, started out as a means to loose weight (worked really well, went from 110kg to 85kg in 3 months). Couldn't run for much more than 100m to start with, would run about that, then walk, etc. Got better and better....
Have done 2 half marathons (2h50m last july and 2h20min last november) for fun, love it. Now i'm 12 weeks away from my first "competitive" run, a flat 10k event. I've never been fit before, not even as a child. I've made some major nutritional changes for the good, feels great! My goal for the 10k is faster than 50min.
I'm running 3-4 times a week, averaging 9-11kmh depending on the intensity, covering 5-15k each time. Have taken up mountain biking on my rest days, taking it very easy (sub 120bpm stuff). Annnnnyway.....
Thanks for having me,
Cheers
Allan

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Kiwifruit

Welcome to RF

Sounds like you have had a major turn around, good for you.

Good luck with your 10 k and let us know how you get on.

If you do post you mileage in the new-york-city-san-francisco-about-2930-miles thread be sure to put it in miles and not KM :d we might get confused otherwise.... :eek:

Happy Birthday by the way

TT

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome KF,

Sounds a very impressive so far, all the best with it, good luck with the 10K

Happy Birthday as well :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome KF. Happy birthday.

Impressive so far. Keep it going.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
You look alot different but you have also shaved your beard off too, I bet that must have been weighing you down :d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
kiwifruit said:
Hi, Allan here, 27M from Taupo New Zealand.
I've been running about 8 months, started out as a means to loose weight (worked really well, went from 110kg to 85kg in 3 months). Couldn't run for much more than 100m to start with, would run about that, then walk, etc. Got better and better....
Have done 2 half marathons (2h50m last july and 2h20min last november) for fun, love it. Now i'm 12 weeks away from my first "competitive" run, a flat 10k event. I've never been fit before, not even as a child. I've made some major nutritional changes for the good, feels great! My goal for the 10k is faster than 50min.
I'm running 3-4 times a week, averaging 9-11kmh depending on the intensity, covering 5-15k each time. Have taken up mountain biking on my rest days, taking it very easy (sub 120bpm stuff). Annnnnyway.....
Thanks for having me,
Cheers
Allan
welcome allan,
First thing congratulations on your weight loss well done for your running efforts
and most importantly enjoying what your doing and having fun.

Your 10 k target is perfectly reachable

take it easy

cheriton;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts