Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Great to see an active runners forum. Just to introduce myself my name is Trev...but call me runner :) and am a mere 52 years old...and still enjoying my running. I live in Bristol and am a member of Bitton Road Runners for the past 14 years taking place in a number of running events throughout the year. My favourite distance is 10miles closely followed by the half marthon. My last race was yesterday....the tough 10 at Weston Super Mare on a glorious sunny day...perfect for running. Hope to have lots of chats and meet many running enthusiasts like myself.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Runner

Welcome to RF.

Well done for yesterday how did you get on?

TT

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the tough ten was not my best race of the year! Just to give you an idea of the course...it starts on Weston super mare sea front joins the promenade and then heads out onto a private road (closed for the day ) It follows this undulating road for some 2 miles and then there is a very steep climb through some forest/hard trail followed by a steep decline. The race then does a loop and the climb/decline are competed for a second time before heading back to the beach. My time was 76mins I was expecting closer to 70mins but because of the decline (i hate running down uneven slopes and am always wary of turning an ankle....which most runners will have done at some time :( ) Conscious of the fact that I have the Bath Half in just under 4 weeks I was not going to take any risks....well thats my excuse anyway :p
The weather was fantastic and if anyone ever says what is all this running about.....then yesterday was surely the answer. On such a glorious day it was a pleasure to be out in the open air and it was a fantastic experience to finish as always....and i say this after running for some 20+years

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Sounds like a great event to me! Shame you didn't manage your target time, but as you say, certainly not worth risking an injury if you've been aiming for the Bath 1/2 in particular... Still a bloomin good time nonetheless!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts