Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello peeps.

Just thought id join the forum as it seems like a friendly place to be.

I'm shaun, im 18 and live near newcastle NE:d

My passion is body building but not Terminator style, I likE to keEp trim whilst keeping some musclE:confused: if that makes sense.

Running plays a big part in my body building routine, Cardio is the one way to retain muscle mass and shed the fats.

Over the last few months i've become more and more interested in running, and iwould like to start marathon running.
Whats a good entry level marathon? if there is such a thing.

Any way thats all for now.

Hope to get to know you all soon

Thanks
Shaun:)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hi and welcome!
No such thing as an entry level marathon...26.2m is 26.2m wherever you run it! A big city marathon has more support on the road so can feel easier and FLM is best of all for that and for the support of fellow runners.
What distances have you done to date?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Parksy

Welcome to the forum

Good luck with your training for a marathon, like Steve says the FLM is a fantastic day, only in my case from a spectators point of view, I believe that marathons are only completed by the clinically insane :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like i said, i usually run for cardio workouts, for my body building. i run about 7 miles per day.
And i will be running each day untill next autum time, when i start to bulk again.

I have never timed myself over a set distance, as i've never had an ambition to run in a marathon before.

I'll set a distance out and time it, then post up the results.:)

Cheers shaun

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Is there a quick way (almost a cheat) to get a flat stomach, obviously not for me, a friend enquired !! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I don`t understand why Parksy`s using a picture of me as his avatar.........:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`d need one if I had tits like him.........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Granty said:
Is there a quick way (almost a cheat) to get a flat stomach, obviously not for me, a friend enquired !! :embarrassed:

Yes.

What you need to do is go on a calorie deflict. If your "friend":p already does running all he needs to do is cut the calories and carbohydrates and he'll have a flat stomach in about 8 weeks(at the very most)

So tell him to eat things like, lean proteins ie, fish, egg whites, cottage cheese and u'll get abs in no time.

Everybody has a 6 pack, you just need to burn the fat of to uncover it.

If you want a diet plan. give me a shout, tell me your eating habbits,cardio workouts, age weight ect and i'll make a diet up for you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts