Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post!
Already got some good advice (I think) searching for trainer shops... People seem to recommend Runners Needs (the one in Camden is near me). Is this a good idea?
Cheers
Finchy

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hello finchy

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
And I'll be the second, definately a good idea to get yourself kitted out with a good pair of running trainers.

Have you just taken this running lark up ?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
In that case I'll be the third!!

Another question.....have you raced at all?
And another....no I'll leave it for now and let someone else pose the next one!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all - no I haven't raced. I am in the middle of going through this eight week 'start running' plan I saw on another website (or a version thereof!)
It recommends exercising for 30 minutes three times a week - starting off running one minute/walking two and building up until you are running 30 minutes. I am really running because I have a very sedentary job and have found myself recently putting on weight. I also can drink a lot, so have cut that out and am seeing if I can get fit...

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Finchy

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your running and weight loss.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the welcomes though! Much appreciated!

I am not particularly overweight by the way to be honest - nhs direct says I am the right weight for my height - its just that I have gone from the low end of that to the middle in this last year or so and dont want to become overweight.....

I work in recording studios and almost everyone who works in them in their late 30's/40's struggles maybe more than the average because you do just sit there all day + everyone want takeouts all the time..... (Client are only in the studio the odd time so they buy takeouts - you are there every day....)

I enjoy being active (I cycle a lot) and like the challenge to myself running represent - (when you stop pedalling you still roll along, when you stop runing you... stop!)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Welcome im sure your get some great advice on here, well done for taking the plunge dont think your ever regret it good luck hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Finchy.

I use Runners Needs in Liverpool street.

Can`t Finch it highly enough

1 - 9 of 9 Posts