Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this running lark! Haven't really done any running since school, but I'm not that unfit!

I run a couple of times a week (well, jog!) on road and off-road paths etc at approx 10minute mile but I'm hoping to increase speed and distance!

Based in Cambridge at the moment, but will be relocating this year down to Braintree.

Say hi if you see me!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Nat said:
Thanks both! Nice to be here!
Don`t let them lull you into a false sense of security Nat.........................;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Nat and Dimple

I'm new too.

Have been running since January this year and following the BUPA 5k training 8 week training and now following their 10k training plan.

Looking through some of the forum posts, my running speeds are quite slow by comparison. I'm currently training 3 times a week in the gym and once a week with a group which I have just joined. Although I was told that running outside is harder than in the gym, I am finding it the opposite so am hoping to increase this to twice a week with the grou and drop one of the gym sessions. I did a 5km treadmill "fun run" at the gym on Wednesday and when I set it to my usual running speed I kept running into the handrail, so upped the speed gradually. Total time for the 5k was 32.08 - but I did cheat by keeping the gradient lower than the treadmill wanted, so my goal for the next couple of weeks will be to resist changing it!

I've also been trying to lose weight since January and as I've now dropped one of the Fs from my GPs FFF file note I think I need to get some nutritional advice now that I'm beginning to embark on longer runs.

Sue

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Nat and Sue

Sounds to me like you are both doing great, keep at it.

Welcome to RF, hope you stick around.

Twinks

Choccy for girls and beer for boys but I like both can I have both please please :d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts