Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every one.

Just got the running bug and decided to train for first marathon....woops... ! As i dont tend to do things by halfs, ive started a website so that i have to keep up with reasearch and reading.Anyways... would appreciate your comments and thoughts.Please let me know what you think and also if theres anything i should include in my reading list.

runstronger dot com

cheers.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome deedee.

I'd suggest you start with shorter race distances as aims for the immediate future with the marathon as a longer term target.

Best 2 bits of advice (IMHO):-
1. Get a gait analysis done at a running shop so you get the right shoes fitted
2. Join a running club.

All the best.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good....it is the best thing to do...you don't want to wear shoes that cause you an injury.

If you have a running club nearby...not an athletic club..you should find support there and that will help you progress in no time at all.

Where are you based?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are pleanty of clubs around SW London, that would be my first port of call. You learn more from hanging out at a decent club that you will anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Aaaaaggghhh!!! Google ads!!! Aaaaaaggghhhh!!!

Sorry, one of my pet hates on any website :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your training.

If your interested in a full review of your website let me know, I actually enjoy reviewing websites (part of my job!) but be warned I tend to tell it how it is in a constructive way.

All the best,
O.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@owain

Thanks owain

Thats a mighty kind offer ! If you fancy giving it a good slating the please do. I just mentioned on another thread that one of my new hobbies is learning webdesign so any constructive criticism is appreciated.Especially if its your job ! Ill assume you know what your talking about !:)

As for the google ads... i thought everyone stuck em on there. If a few people read the site it might pay for hosting. Although in my very limited experience it seems everyone else agrees with you ! Probably because everyone sticks em on there !

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts