Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've lurked around the forum for a few weeks, but only now I've got around to signing up :p

About me:
I'm a 17 year old guy from Cornwall, ran every other day for about a month (only 10 mins a day though at a quickish pace^ :( ) blah, blah blah.

But yeah, got a couple of questions.
First off, how do you measure the distance you run, or is it just rough guesses :p ?

&

Would you recommend joining a running club? I think I might be one of the only people my age in a club though if I were to join one.

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Welcome to our world. You may have to give up running if you plan on spending time here :d

In the early days I wouldn't worry about what the distance is. Slow your pace down and just enjoy the running. Distance and speed come later once you have built core fitness.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I use a Garmin GPS thinggy - tracks you by satellite and tells you distance run, time, pace etc, and the top models have much geekery :d

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
for me it's been a little bit of guesswork, a little bit of using the car if I am going that way. But now seen the link from beasty above I've tried Mapmyrun and wow I am impressed. It seems to be on the money with routes where I know the exact distance so I've been updating all the routes I do. Some I now think, wow ran quite well there as its actually further but with equal measure some routes are shorter than I thought, doh! I like the way with mapmyrun you can opt to use roads, then when you hit an offroad part you can stop using roads and mark the route yourself, then use the road again when you are back on the road, very nice, thanks for the tip Beasty.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I use Mapmyrun too, another feature I like on it is the elevation graph. Handy if there are few hill on the route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts