Runners Forum banner

Hi all^

998 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Squint 
#1 ·
Hey,
I've lurked around the forum for a few weeks, but only now I've got around to signing up :p

About me:
I'm a 17 year old guy from Cornwall, ran every other day for about a month (only 10 mins a day though at a quickish pace^ :( ) blah, blah blah.

But yeah, got a couple of questions.
First off, how do you measure the distance you run, or is it just rough guesses :p ?

&

Would you recommend joining a running club? I think I might be one of the only people my age in a club though if I were to join one.

Thanks all :)

#2 ·
#5 ·
for me it's been a little bit of guesswork, a little bit of using the car if I am going that way. But now seen the link from beasty above I've tried Mapmyrun and wow I am impressed. It seems to be on the money with routes where I know the exact distance so I've been updating all the routes I do. Some I now think, wow ran quite well there as its actually further but with equal measure some routes are shorter than I thought, doh! I like the way with mapmyrun you can opt to use roads, then when you hit an offroad part you can stop using roads and mark the route yourself, then use the road again when you are back on the road, very nice, thanks for the tip Beasty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.