Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to running. Got myself some proper trainers and had my step checked.

First attempt today.

Clocked a 3 mile route in my car, and ran/walked it in 40 minutes. I know its not breaking any records but its a start..lol

Wondering what kind of time span it takes before i could possibly cover 5 k in say 25mins.

I'm 44, 14 st 5 (overweight, thats 1 reason why i satrted) and intent to do this route or 1 similar, maybe bit shorter, 3 times a week!

Any input appreciated......thanks!! ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF.

To start with just get used to being out there...it's good to have a target but don't time limit it.

Take your training easy...not too much too soon toprevent injury.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Great start, and well done on getting some proper trainers sorted - a very wise purchase!

As for improvement, just see how you go to start with, everyone seems to progress differently, but you'll usually see the quickest improvements when you first start running. 25mins may not be too far away at all!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
hi,

welcome to rf...

i think at first you will need to get your body used to doing exercise, and then running for 40mins 3 times a week...

as rich says everyone goes at a different rate of progress , also its not a stright line of improvement so you may improve a fair bit over 2 weeks and then nothing for the next 5. the key is to stick with it

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Welcome to RF.

Like the others have said don't worry too much about time just try and enjoy it, speed will come as you start getting used to it.

TT :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts