Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Have just found this website through google and am really impressed with it so thought I would join up!

I have always been into my fitness in regards of playing football and going to the gym but have recently (Tuesday!) started training regularly - running outside.

To be honest I'm finding it tough so far! Very different to a treadmill! But Im sticking at it with the aim of being to run a half marathon in the near future (or at least most of it!), in memory of a good friend and for charity! So any words of encouragement or tips would be fab!

x

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum!
You will get plenty of encouragement on this forum.

Stick with running outdoors and before you know it you will be wondering why you ever used a treadmill :) You've started just at the right time as well, as long as you keep on running during the winter you will be fine.
Using the forum is a good motivation tool as well, you can go for a run and then report about how your run went, there is always people interested in reading other peoples reports from a run, me being one of them!

Any questions, just ask and good on you for wanting to run for charity. I did that to keep me motivated and now Im still running and loving it :)

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to RF

TT :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Welcome i actually find it harder to run now on the treadmill, i get bored so easy on it.

Running outdoors is hard first but as O. said you will get used to it and love it soon, i got the bug and still running near enough year later...

Just take your time no rush to get good quick.

They are a good bunch here... any worries troubles niggles you got just share them.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts