Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello, im new to this runnng lark, got my first 10k onthe 27th july:worried: have been running for 10 weeks now but just don't feel im getting any better!! any advice would be appreciated
jo

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Mojo, welcome to the site. Stick with it, I know at times I feel like I'm not getting any better. Sometimes I go out and have a really bad run, we all do. The main thing is you're out there running and enjoying yourself and over time you will get fitter.

How often do you go out running at the moment?

Let us know how the 10k goes. Just remember not to run off too quickly at the start (like I did)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hi Jo
welcome to the forum... everyone feels like you in the early weeks, it gets easier and you will see progress soon, I'm sure

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF Jo.

Enjoy this 10k.........don't try to go off too fast. Just run your own pace and take in the atmosphere and experience.

You will get better..ie faster and be able to run further in time but you have to be patient and not do too much too soon.

10 weeks of running and entering a 10k is a very good start. Any idea what sort of time you will do it in?

Ask as many questions as you like...don't be worried we all ask questions all the time!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi mojo

Welcome to RF.

Good luck with your 10k, keep us posted on how you get on and like the others have said enjoy it.

TT:d

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi

Let us know how you get on - my first 10k is in September so I'm interested to hear peoples' experiences.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Try keeping a log of your runs... it can be quite hard to feel an improvement in your running, but if you've got everything down on paper, I bet you're running further and faster than you were 10 weeks ago!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all,
As you sugested i have kept a log .. mainley cos i was so proud of myself at first. but now find it a big help for times etc. Im getting out 3/4 times a week doing between 3 and 5 miles each run, even thou i still find it hard im really enjoing it and just get the best sence of achievment out of it.
jo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts