Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd say hello. I'm reasonably new to running but only recently have a been truly bitten by the running bug.

I ran my first competitive race the other day at the London Tri and managed to do the 10k in 44 mins which I thought was decent for a first go. Am now getting ready for a relay marathon early october which is 8.6 miles so I thought as I'm getting more serious it might help to get some input from those in the know. I look forward to using the forum.

:d

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hey and welcome to RF :) 44 mins is indeed a good first go at the 10k, so you're obviously at a good level of fitness already. Keep working towards the relay marathon in October, there's always scope for improvement!

Events are great for motivation, aren't they? I remember when I ran the Great South in 2006, I was blown away at the atmosphere - hadn't ever been in an event of that size. It makes you want to go out and get that feeling again! Good luck with your training!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I was down in London over the weekend and managed to watch some of the triathlon, in between drinking beer and watching footie. 44 mins for a 10km is a good time, especially when you have done the swim and cycle beforehand.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I reckon if I hadnt taken part in an event I would have given up running by now, but the bug has well and truly bitten me and its good to hear by the sounds of it you are also hooked :) No going back now!

O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts