Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already made my first post as I didn't see this thread at the bottom of the page, so sorry for that!

Name is Ian Ritchie, 29 years of age (feel and look older), living in South East London.

Used to be into the gym in a big way when I was playing rugby, but in the last few years I suddenly had less free time and managed to stop going. Decided I was fat 8 week ago and rejoined the gym and have the bug again.

Looking to register for a half marathon in October and also thinking of registering for the London Marathon (we'll see!).

Running 2 / 3 times a week, mostly at the gym and then once round the roads at the weekend, normally doing 5-7 mile runs (normally 8 minute mile pace). Already slimmed down a bit and enjoying it (that's the most important thing right?).

Anyway, pretty boring first post, but you'll quickly realise I don't have anything interesting to say!

Ian

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF Ian.

Read the other post...I reckon you should get a new pair of shoes...have a gait analysis done to ensure you get the right pair.

Don't do too much too soon...10% rule applies.

Look for a 10k before the first 1/2m.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, I'm very connscious of not doing too much too soon, don't want to be too keen and get an injury, because the thought of not doing any exercise at the moment is a nightmare!

I'm enjoying it, I go to the gym at lunch and it breaks my day up nicely, plus when I have the odd beer after work I don't feel guilty.

New shoes are on the shopping list as well!

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts