Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!
I started some weeks ago going for long walks in Aberystwyth, a beautiful coastal town, pretty as a freshly awoken fairy. I did only few days but that kind of exercise did not have a real impact in my body, as for the reason to exercise was to shed some excess fat. I started yesterday with a program for beginners, from Bob Glover's 'The Runner's Handbook'. This week so far I am doing 2min.run+2min.walk X 5 =10min.run. at 70% (which is about 145bpm). My goal is to be able to run for 20 minutes 5 days a week, for the moment. Keeping a that low heart rate is a bit difficult, as the heart sky-rockets only too easily, but on the other hand I do feel fresh for the next run. The other reason I stick to it is that in the past I tried to run but got over-exhausted or injured too quickly. I do not want that to happen again!
Big hug to all runners out there!
;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome.

You are doing the right thing by taking it easy to start with and building up gradually.

What does a freshly awoken fairy look like?!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Sergi

Welcome to RF

Keep up the good work, I have the same bob glover book and it is full of great information.

Keep us posted on your progress.

TT

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Steve said:
Welcome.

You are doing the right thing by taking it easy to start with and building up gradually.

What does a freshly awoken fairy look like?!
Startled! and a bit like a mermaid riding a unicorn on the banks of loch ness .:)

welcome to the forum! Steve is right slow and steady avoids injury!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know how they look right when they awake, but I suposse beautiful like this country. Thanks for your warm welcome. In my second day (today) I felt i could regulate somehow better the pace and sync it with the self-assigned 70% of my max- 145bpm. Yet it is quite hard altogether. Does anybody know a sure way to ascertain my max. heart rate? I would not like to pay for a treadmill test, but maybe the National Health would? ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts