Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wrote this in training but i thought it shoould be in here

Have you done a race before? Do you have a training schedule?

If you train correctly I am sure you have enough time to do a half marathon in May (is that sheffield?).

no i havent done a race before. im running on a tredmill cos i dont like to go running in the countryside by myself and i dont know of any clubs round my way or any one to go running with. yeah i have a book from the library dont know if u heard of it before, running made easy, and they have some schedules in there. today i did, about 24mins with one min walking and 2 mins running, do u think thats ok? no this one isnt in sheffield im going to try for. im going to try having massages to try and not have an injury and doing pilates from a dvd on the other days that im not running. do u think thats all ok then?

·
Registered
56 Posts
As I said on other thread... a 1/2 is a big challenge but I've got my other half upto 8 miles starting on a similar programme and she's doing a 1/2 in 8 weeks. She's only done a 10K before.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, please don't do all your training on a tready! You'll get bored and give up before your half! What's so wrong with running outside on your own?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Running outside is sooo much better than on a treadmill. The time goes much quicker too, so you'd probably find you can run further, and it's easier to slow down if you need to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont like running outside cos i live in the countryside and i dont feel safe, being on my own i said it in the start of this thread. we listen to music while on the tredmill so that does keep me going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts