Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quite a few of us are club members. I was a member of a club when I lived in Plymouth and I joined one when I moved back t'north but I'm thinking of transfering my membership to another as they are smaller and you get more actual training.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi there Sam

I am part of a clun and joined there in October.

They are a great bunch of people and really motivate each other.

:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I think he runs for Sidmouth Running Club Steve :p

I joined a club a few months back, probably one of the best things I've done since starting to run. :d
1st prize to you Richard for spotting the deliberate mistake!! :embarrassed: :d

·
Registered
123 Posts
Despite living in Cornwall I joined a Southampton Club, Lordshill Road Runners. I work in Southampton on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tuesdays is one of their training nights, in the winter its hell reps (sorry a typo should be hill reps but the typo is a good description). During the summer they have a great session of sprint drills etc to help sharpen for races. There is also a series of off-road inter-club races every second Wednesday in the Southampton area during the summer. The drive back to Cornwall after is a drag but the races are fun.

I also belong to a virtual club as a second claim member. TeamCOCO was formed by the charity Comrades of Children Overseas (COCO) for its supporters. It is an affiliated club, so you get a saving on race costs plus you get guaranteed entry to some races and other benefits www.coco.org.uk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts