Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a new member to this site, so I just though i'd say hello.

I have entered to do the Race for Life in June and I need some motivation or even a running partner to get me back into running! :eek:

Road Runner

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF!

Are there any running clubs nearby that you could join?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I am not aware of any. I live in the Grotton area of Saddleworth, I thought I might find out about some from this forum.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome to the mad house RR.

I`m sure you will find what your looking for.....

Good luck.

Dave.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
There is a Saddleworth Running Club..got a website...says they run the fells but have road runners too and a good ladies section...I don't think that means you have to be a "Good" lady though!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello Road Runner, welcome:)
Are you anywhere near Hollingworth lake? I ran round there a couple of times a few years ago and it was a great place to run. I'm not to familiar with Oldham really though. Good luck with your running. You'll get some good support here and keep us updated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is the 5k parkrun at Alexandra park every saturday 9.00 -10.00. its free all you do is register on parkrun.com and choose northwest then oldham and print of barcode and thats it. You come run with the rest and they scan your barcode at the end of the race and then they email you that day your position and time so you can track you progress. its brilliant.

You can walk run or jog.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 5k parkruns are great for beginners, very friendly and relaxed. Oldham parkrun is one of the best.

More like friendly training runs rather than races so are perfect for those who are worried about being slow (like me!).

Good for training for race for life or anything else really. And they are free too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts