Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My name is Owain and I live in Fife, Scotland. I enjoy running and found the forum by a searching the net for "Running Forums", this was the first that came up and so here I am.

I have just started training for the Edinburgh 1/2 and full marathons! My main aim is to finish them, not in any specific time but to finish them and raise lots of dosh for charity. I would also like to loose the extra weight I'm carrying around with me just now and running seems to be the best way of doing that :)

I used to run cross-country races and loved it but then I went to Uni and the Beer and Pizza took its toll without me realising! Now its time to put in the hard work and try and loose it again!!!

I look forward to reading about other peoples runs and hopefully get some help with any questions I have about my new found love for running.....

O.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome Owain.

Plenty of help on here.

My first advice is.........

Dont give up the beer and Pizza,just cut down a bit........:)

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum Owain! Glad you found us, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on the forum. Congrats on running for charity, running should help you raise plenty of cash whilst shedding a few pounds of your own in the process ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts