Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm quite new to running so hoping to find some really helpful hints and tips through these forums.

I have signed up to do the Great North Run this year........arrrrggghhh, what have I done!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Yorkie. x

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the encouragement. I'm a little worried now after reading a few posts of what others think of the GNR from previous threads, it looks like it's not that good of a run. I was kinda hoping the atmosphere and buzz of it all would help me reach the finish!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yorkie said:
I was kinda hoping the atmosphere and buzz of it all would help me reach the finish!
Am sure it will too! I remember a friend doing this run and she hadn't been running that long, but she did really well and enjoyed it and said the atmosphere was fantastic :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome Yorkie.

Great blisters......................:eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, luckily they are long gone, but I look at this picture and I feel the pain all over again, it will remind me NEVER to buy cheap standard trainers just to save a few pennies ever again. Lesson learnt the hard way........my Saucony's would never treat me this way!!!:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Yorkie

Welcome to RF.

I did the GNR last year and enjoyed it and the course isn't as hard as people say either, go for it and enjoy it.

TT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts