Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)
I'm 30 yrs old and have just started runnign again after 2 months off. Am a bit hesitatnt to get into a great training schedule because I'm going on a big trip to India/HK/China for 4 months in Sept and won't be running there I don't think (safety aspect might be a bit dodge) but will be doing a fair amount of yoga, about 5 hrs a day in Inidia for 2 months...not sure whether this is going to help too much with the running though.
Any thoughts on stopping runnignfor 4 months and any ideas on how to try and maintain fitness and stamina for running while travelling would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks for such an active and community spirited forum- makes me feel like I'm part of a running club! :d
Bek x

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Yup another welcome from someone with no useful advise.

From the sound of it you are still going to be exercising so that is good. Maybe you will just have to start the running when you get back.

BTW don't trust Nat, she laughs at the afflicted :p

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

I'd say that sadly there's no substitute for running other than running! But if that's not possible (as you say, safety could well be a bit dodge :s) just do whatever you can to keep yourself in reasonable shape and come back raring to go :d

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks :) So no substitute for running? Bugger. Never mind, hopefully the break will make me super-keen to start again when I get back!?!?
Thanks for the welcome :)
Bek x

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Hello Bek and welcome, I'm thinking 5 hours a day of yoga and you'll be a woman to meet when you come back!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hello Bek and welcome, I'm thinking 5 hours a day of yoga and you'll be a woman to meet when you come back!
what are you like!! :d

bek... take no notice of squint ;)

welcome to the forum... will you have access to a gym at any point? Will there be a beach you can run up and down preferably with someone. An early morning run on the beach would be lush!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
what are you like!! :d

bek... take no notice of squint ;)

welcome to the forum... will you have access to a gym at any point? Will there be a beach you can run up and down preferably with someone. An early morning run on the beach would be lush!
Just getting first dibbs on the new girl.

Someone I know is going to India soon, he is fat, smelly and a bit of an alky. Hope you don't bump into him!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Just getting first dibbs on the new girl.

Someone I know is going to India soon, he is fat, smelly and a bit of an alky. Hope you don't bump into him!
You'll go to the naughty corner again if you don't behave! :suspicious:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why not be eco friendly, save money , and RUN to India!
How amazing would that be!! Although I'm not sure my fitness would support it ;)
I like the idea though- I did think about trying to go over land all the way to India- what an adventure that would be, but not this time...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only other thing I can think off is to put a treadmill in your hand luggage:cool:
Hee hee- I like it! ....there may be a market for this, anyone feel like creating a portable, foldable treadmill???

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
You get them at most airports now, you just have to ignore the stares from other passengers as you block there route. That or go to your local supermarket and monoplise one of the checkouts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts