Runners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had a nagging issue going on for about three weeks now. I have been running for years. Typically I log about 35 miles a week. It all started on a long run when I notice the outside of my hip and right quad were really tight towards the end of a 9 mile run. I continued to run on it, as it was more tightness than
pain or soreness. Two weeks ago I went on a trip and did two shorter runs (5 miles on a Tuesday and 6 on a Friday). The Tuesday run I felt really tight, but on the Friday run I did not. I got home and did my usual run routine of Saturday long run, shorter run with a long bike ride Sunday, and 6 miles on Tuesday & Thursday I could really feel my hip. It was tight/sore feeling at the ASIS that would move outside and into my lower back. I ran the 6 miles, but was quite sore the rest of the day Thursday. I took a couple of days off from running, and tried again this morning as it was feeling much better. I got to three miles when it started up today. This time I could feel my lower abdominals were tight, and then it was in the ASIS and radiate outside and pirifomis area. There is no swelling or real point tenderness anywhere. I have been to chiropractor, foam rolled, and stretched. Anyone else had this or have any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts