Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am another newbie here and also new to running - just started running a couple of months ago and did a 15K race (1h26m) last week. Im 38 now and don't have much time for training on weekdays. I don't know far I can improve. Any advice will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hi and welcome!

That's a very good start to your running career.

Improvement comes with quality training so if you can do at least 3 runs a week:
1. Speed/hills
2. Mid distance steady
3. Long slow.

If you can find a club to run with do so..good for motivation if nothing else.
Make sure you have running shoes that suit you...have a gait analysis done at a propoer running shop.

All my best times have come since passing the big 40 so you can certainly improve!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you find more time for training as you are doing great... :d

·
Registered
123 Posts
welcome
that sound a really good time to me.
i've signed up for first 5k in march and hoping for 30mins.
Keep it up now you have come this far and it should get easier once the light evenings come.
Its so cold tonight i'm glad its a rest day for me

·
Registered
123 Posts
the Saltram jog on the 18th March. I know its a fun run but i thought it will be good practice and i seem to run better with others.
Not long now till the Plymouth 10 how are you feeling ? will this be your longest run to date?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes and I'm pretty nervous I was going to go over the course again on Sunday but physio has advised that I maybe do a 5 or 6 mile run instead and save myself for next Sunday.

I think once this and the Plymouth half are out of the way I might just stick to 5 & 10Ks in the future - everyone medical keeps telling me I'm not built for long distance running.

·
Registered
123 Posts
good luck . I wont be able to make it to cheer you on as i will be on Dartmoor with my son but i will be thinking of you. It should make a 1/2 a breeze!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts