Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone suffered from hip pain?
Mine is a constant ache when resting and when running it worsens when I try to pick up the pace and then causes pain in the groin area.:eek:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Ouch! Are you in any discomfort when you sleep particularly if you lie on the affected side? Have you been stretching your hip flexors? Is it any worse when sitting or lying down?

Maybe its time to see the fizz or take a few rest days.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a general ache and isn't made worse when lying on my side or sitting so I hope it's just an overuse injury that will recover with rest as you suggest SE.

I did a club run at an easy pace last night and felt fine...until I again went to pick up the pace.

So stretches and rest for a week I guess.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I played football I had hip pain and what I thought was a groin strain for the best part of a year. It steadily got worse until I could only play for about 1 hour.

I realised about half way through that year that it was hernia trouble. When I eventually had the op everything was ok, until I needed another one 3 years later!

If it doesn't disappear after a few weeks, Steve, it would be worthwhile getting your gp to rule it out, it is easily checked out - just a cold hand round the gonads!!

flakey

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it could be a groin strain or a hernia....I did a 5miler ata steady pace on the treadmill yesterday and suffered no ill effects so am going out again tonight to test it again with a few strides.

Cold hand and gonads shouldn't be allowed in the same sentence!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts