Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I run I get an aching feeling in my left hip right in the middle. I don't get it immediately, just after a couple of miles... It isn't painful enough for me to need to stop but I am aware of its presence. As soon as I stop it goes away. It doesn't affect me when I walk etc... My other half thinks it might be down to my body getting used to running and the fact that I am carrying a little bit of extra weight (a stone less than 2 months ago mind!!:d ) Anyone got any ideas? should I be worried?

BTW.. I went and got my running shoes from a proper running shop and am aware that I overpronate... I have mizuno wave inspire 3's

Kitty x

Edit... shocking spelling!!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried... to me (just for the record please note I'm in no way professionally qualified) it sounds like a muscle imbalance... either the muscle in that area isn't as developed as the one on the other side (so it struggles to do the same job) or there's something in the way that you run that means it has to do extra work... basically is sounds like the muscle is fatiguing in some way, and the muscle imbalance is more about why it happens on that particular side.

I'd just carry on as you are, and try to stretch the area afterwards too... obviously if things start to get worse and it's causing you pain then it needs looking into a lot further!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I get little pains like that. I am also a new runner and carrying an extra 3 stone, down from 4.5.

As long as they go away I don't worry. And now and again take a rest day if I worry I am overdoing it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
do a session of lunges every other night of the week, maybe 10 r 20 r then 10.

then knees to chest, same again 10 r 20 r 10.

It will help your tummy and build the hip area muscles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit of an update... ran 4 miles today and got no pain!! Think my body may be finally getting used to it!!! Legs felt really heavy though, well front of my thighs anyway.. maybe thats why?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts