Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started off my run tonight feeling like i dont want to be doing it i think most of us get that feeling for the first little awhile, i started off paced i normaly run around five/six miles if not more every second night after about 20 minutes and a few good hills later i started to feel alittle worn out as normal i hit a few more good hills and hit a flat paced myself again.

Then it was a long down hill took it easy then after about 40 minutes i started to recover and felt great i knew i had hit the zone i added abit more to my run and still felt good so hit another hill then started sprinting 100 yards on and off untill i got home even after that i felt like i could just happly keep going i've never pushed my self to run to failure while in the zone i think i am going to try that and see how it feels.

What is everyones own experiences with hitting the zone and does anyone else get the same build up to it also do you run to almost failure out side the zone then recover and hit the zone and think why did i feel worn out back then?

Alot of questions lol hope yous dont mind.

Cheers

·
Registered
664 Posts
Despite my age I'm nowhere near as experienced a runner as many on here (only been running 2 years ), but what I love is how you get to know your own body and can judge when you feel good, bad. It's being able to make controlled judgements of when you can up the pace, or need to cruise a bit. Loads to learn I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts