Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I've been running (extremely slow jog might be more appropriate) for about a year on and off. Found this forum a few months ago, but haven't been back since until today, finding it very interesting and informative (not to mention funny).

I've been finding it difficult to keep running during the winter, as I'm very worried about slipping on ice, so that's made my running routine extremely erratic but I can't afford to go to a gym. Anyhoo....

Best go, just wanted to introduce myself :)

Tracy

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome,
You must be our first underwater hockey player!! I always found it hard enough to play on grass so lord knows how difficult it is to play your game! How long do you have to hold your breath?

The good thing is that spring is just around the corner so you shouldn't have to worry about ice for much longer and hopefully then you'll get out running on a more regular basis.

All the best.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and hope you can draw enough inspiration from the various posts to keep you motivated. I see you're originally from Orkney - which brings back memories. When camped at Stromness in 1995 I bumped into a couple of runners, Marc and Shannon, who were going through an elaborate stretching routine after their early morning run. I offered to join them the following morning and it turned out to be one of the fastest training runs I've ever done - an undulating 8½ miles in 57 minutes!
It transpired they both served in the Canadian Air Force and were in training for the famous Ironman triathlon in Hawaii. Shannon had finished ninth lady the previous year and was keen to improve her position. I was mighty glad they were catching the boat the following morning - and decided I'd perhaps be more careful who I spoke to in future!
Cheers!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Welcome to the forum, hope you can get out more regularly soon....

·
Registered
123 Posts
welcome , at least if you're not running on here you can talk about it !
I hate the winter its the dark nights role on the spring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts