Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone. As you can see I’m new here but am getting into running or jogging as part of my body fat loss program. I just have some questions related to this that I need to go over if anyone can help please? I would appreciate your enlightenment a lot.

The main reason I’m trying to lose body fat is to lose fat from my face for personal reasons.

I have done a calorie deficit/intermittent fasting diet and exercise program that currently has me at an apparent 8-10% body fat but with low muscle mass physique according to those that have seen my photos.

I want to get to a lower body fat for the 2 months that remain of my program before I bulk up.

But I think I’ve hit a body fat loss plateau and am trying to break it, even though my low muscle mass may be in the way of me losing more fat, or so I theorise as a possible cause for the wall I’ve hit and haven’t lost body fat since August based on the photos that I’ve taken.

So some questions I have with using Running to hopefully get the results I want…

1. With me on a current 10k step walk per day as one of my cardios to lose body fat, I am told that I should increase my walk to maybe 13-14k steps. But also to put running in there to increase calorie burn to help push through my plateau. Can I ask if you think this would work even with my low muscle mass? If so how much of this walk should be turned into a jog or run?

2. I see some runners who have a lower body fat than me but also with the same or less muscle mass than me. Does this mean that I could achieve a lower body fat level if I were to run? Do you achieve a lower body fat through running or in some other way? Is it hard to do if you have low muscle mass?

3. Is this ‘Runner’s Face’ an actual concept that exists? As I am trying to lose fat from my face which has stubbornly been slow in losing fat and has come to a halt, I wonder if running may do something to give me this leaner, slimmer ‘Runner’s Face’, and if so, how does it create it?

That is basically the main questions on my mind. I don’t know how silly they may seem to you all but I hope that you may be able to share some insight onto all of this as I am trying very hard to break this plateau and have much concern specifically about losing the fat from my face more.

I appreciate any comments you may have. Many thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have a look at Phil Mafetone and his method. Its a holistic approach to fitness, including weight loss.

My suspicion is that you cannot target fat loss as specifically as you want. However, when I have been training a lot (70 / 80km a week) my wife tells me my face looks gaunt so something is happening there!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts