Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, im doing my first 10k on the 24th june and wanted to find out if anyone else is taking part in the horndon on the hill feast and farye.
I dont know anyone else doing it so it would be graet to hear from anyone, also what sort of time you are hoping to get. I know the course is quite hard (hills) but im still hoping to get as close to 45mins as i can hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`ll be there Hayley,along with a few others from the forum.

As for a time. I usually manage just over 50 minutes.One day I will get under it....

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh great im glad i wont be alone out there abit daunting my first 10k, but looking forward to the experience (must remember my time isnt everything)hayley

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Dave,

If you wear your RF top you might get to meet one or two forumites such as hayley.

Hayley,

Even if Dave isn't wearing his RF top you'll be able to spot him easily enough......look out for the man with an empty ale glass in one hand and a full one in his other!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look out for you dave, im sure my bottle of wine will be chilling in the fridge for me, for when i get back. Some thing to loook forward to after.....

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`ve yet to meet any forumites at any race,so I look forward to this one.

There is a few of us running and it wont be a massive field,so this should be a good opportunity to say hello.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iv got to travel down from colchester way, after moving here a year ago, but im born and bread a stanford le hope girly, so its good to come home as i still call it especially when running as iv got support there. Good luck lets see who crosses the finish line first, personally i have no idea yet till iv done it once. hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
hayley1977 said:
Iv got to travel down from colchester way, after moving here a year ago, but im born and bread a stanford le hope girly, so its good to come home as i still call it especially when running as iv got support there. Good luck lets see who crosses the finish line first, personally i have no idea yet till iv done it once. hayley
I think you will all have to wait for me at the finish.......:embarrassed:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Steve said:
That way they can get your pint in for you when you cross the line Dave......
Perfect.....................;)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im partial to half of the real stuff myself.
Dave had one called Heligan Honey in my local a week back, very nice it was too!!!!
Brewed by skinners i think!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Had a pint of what I think is a new Fullers beer yesterday.

Discovery.Light and chilled,The perfect summer ale IMHO.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve i think thats a good idea. I dont mind visiting the pub more often either and letting you know what iv tried.
Tribute was another one i tried the other week, very nice too.

Back to running i managed 5.5miles this morn in prep for next sun and time was 41.24, think im pleased with that.............

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Very funny, im glad im not the only one on here that likes there booze........im prone to do silly things when iv had to much though.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Aren't we all....ask SE!!

SWMBO tried to ride her bike home once after having a coke or several and couldn't pedal or balance herself so ended up falling off and into a ditch.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got lost once trying to find my way home drunk, to then realise i had been walking in a circle around the block for over an hour.........
I also cant be trusted when im out on the town, under the influence of alcohol doesnt do me any favors sometimes.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts