Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went along to a cousins childs birthday today, he's 5 and it's the first time I've ever met him. Was used to ask why I never saw my extended family after today she understands fully.

We were at the party which wasn't going too well. Sportshall bouncy castle a few toys. Anyway a few others turned up and looked like the sort of folk you'd cross the street to avoid. As the party went on things were going no better than ok. My Daughter was in a pretty party frock the others were in jeans and t-shirts. Anyway from the party room to the eating bit, some of the children got restless and started playing up. A 4 year old was up on a table his mother said "Get down you little bugger" when he refused she stood up grabbed his arm and slapped him full across the face then growled "Do that again and I'll kill you"

Not sure what was worse, that fact the poor wee boy got a slap or that other than my wife an I noone else even so much as raised an eyebrow. Scumbags!

I'm not a perfect parent but by christ by comparison I great.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that was our thought. Needless to say we left minutes later after spending that time glowering at said woman. Thought about speaking out but that would have made it public and resulted in a pointless confrontation instead she did seem somewhat embarrased by our dirty looks.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He looked terrified and scared, you shouldn't be scared of your parents like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts