Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i wondered how does everyone breath while running i wondered of how is best? I find it easyier running with my mouth open hehe because thats how I have always done it a habbit, though i was reading in a magazine about running that its not a good idea appently to have mouth open its best to keep mouth close and breath in deeply for 10 seconds or so through nose and then let it out. which is best? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
when i was younger and doing kick boxing training we would go for little runs and our trainer always said breath in through the nose and out through the mouth...
but if youv'e been running hard is not so easy to keep your mouth shut... i always open my mouth when im tryng to catch my breath.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I find that if I run long enough with my mouth open,I catch enough flies that I dont need to bother with my protein drink when I finish...........

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dave said:
I find that if I run long enough with my mouth open,I catch enough flies that I dont need to bother with my protein drink when I finish...........
Protein drink in a pint glass ................................ ?? ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have tried all sorts of breathing techniques over the years and found out three rules to do with breathing.

1. You must do it

2. Breathe deeply - don't pant, that is for dogs

3. Do what works best for you - which will generally be taking in great lungs full through the mouth.

One other observation - many people tend to breathe shallower and faster when going up hill. If they breathe a little slower and deeper they would get more oxygen into the bloodstream and get up the hill quicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts