Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am a little scared about running at night does anyone know if i can find a running partner thanks, im in Bristol. thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Clifton, i dont want to join a club (bit scary!) I have put an ad on bristol gumtree and runningtogether.co.uk i'll let you know how i get on! any other suggestions are really appreciated

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm in Bristol, not central though... just north of it near Thornbury.

I agree about joining a club, there are some good clubs in Bristol and they are very friendly and all abilities.

Alternatively, how about getting chatting to someone at your local gym... you know the ones... who hang out by the treadmills ;)

I'm always seeing peeps run round Clifton Downs... maybe you could meet someone there...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure about an ad in the local paper (assuming the Bristol gumtree is a paper). I would join a club for sure. I'm not a club member myself but when I move next week I'm definately joining the local running club, for a training partner as well as making friends, with a common interest, in the local area.

Dave

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
swsam said:
I am in Clifton, i dont want to join a club (bit scary!) I have put an ad on bristol gumtree and runningtogether.co.uk i'll let you know how i get on! any other suggestions are really appreciated
The downs is not 'that' far away, if you fancy a run sometime let me know and I can meet you there.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Trinity said:
well if there's gonna be a running rendezvous on the Downs, let me know, I might be able to get there too :)
That sounds like a good idea, might have to wait for both your knee's to go to make it an even session !! :p :embarrassed:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
When we get these fancy training tops, a meet on the downs sounds like a good idea (be nice to be able to recognise a top when its dark !!), I'd better step up the training

I run on average, 10 min miles and am hoping to get that down to 9.00 before next september, I assume you run quicker than that whilst training ?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
well, yes I do now... but there was a time when I was running at your pace. And I don't mind running a bit slower than my normal training pace, it'd probably do me good now and again anyway

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It would...running at 65% of max heart rate is a good fat burner too.....I'm not implying you need to lose weight, just making a comment.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steve said:
It would...running at 65% of max heart rate is a good fat burner too.....I'm not implying you need to lose weight, just making a comment.

Here...put down that shovel before you dig yourself any deeper ;)

Actually although I don't need to lose any weight, I wouldn't mind burning off some fat... (she says, whilst eating a cheese toasty)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts