Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only owned one pair of running shoes, and don't know how often you should replace them. The ones I have have served me well. They fit perfectly, and I've never had any injuries. I've had them for about 1.5 years, and I estimate I've run about 1600 miles in them. Friends tell me there is no way I should keep running in them and I should replace them immediately, but they feel fine to me. They aren't worn down and still fit as snuggly as they ever did. So, do I need to fork out another £80 immediately, or should I wait until they are visibly worn?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are a pair of New Balance running shoes that I bought in the sales. Ive checked the soles and there aren't any parts that are really thin. They still have all their grip. mind you they did were quite thick when I bought them. Surprisingly, i get through everyday walking shoes really quickly, as they tend to wear down on one side, but my running style seems to be kinder to my shoes. I will get some new trainers though, as I'd like to get some properly fitted by a professional, rather than off the shelf. Maybe I was just really lucky with these off the shelf trainers?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heeded the advice and purchased a new pair of New Balance. They are almost identifical to my old pair. I got them for £20, reduced from £60 :) I wore one of the new pair and one of the old pair and there is a big difference. My new ones are far more springy. I will make sure in future to replace them regularly. I am a bit sad that I have to chuck my old ones though. They have served me so well. I went for a last run with them this morning. It was a nice gentle 8 miler and the sun was out. Now I'll chuck them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.