1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
blinking loads at the moment :(

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Far too many at the moment (though I once went for 14 years, 7 months and 10 days without missing a single day's running. :huh: ).

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I've just had a bad dose of flu which resulted in 11 days of no training. I went out for my first run on Sunday and was unwell about 4 miles in. Obviously not completely over the flu yet.

I went out tonight and took it easier and felt fine tho'.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've gone a couple of weeks with a horrendous cold that got into my chest, mind you, took me 50 years to start in the first place !

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine was 3 weeks last month because I had a horrible cold / chest infection! Just got back into training last week and now I've got a knee injury!! ... nightmare!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Today is my first day without running or any other type of training in a week. Phew. I don't normally go out that much. I'm taking the laziness to a new level today though - I even got the bus in to work instead of walking it heh.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
lol!

I know it wasn't particularly long ago, but I can't remember the last time I went without doing any training (even if it's been as little as 1/4 - 1/2 mile swim)... Last time I remember would be in January when tapering for a race. Having myself a rest day on Friday, i think my legs will be grateful!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thankfully this week is a lot more restful than last week... doing all the main runs, just cutting out all the little ones inbetween, but still doing yoga/pilates/swimming on those days. I dunno, I get very itchy to do something if I haven't done something in... a day lol. I don't do THAT much, but it's enough to miss when I don't do it... if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I once had to go 6 months without running - achilles problem.
Tried cycling, the gym, aqua jogging, swimming and all sorts but they were no substitute for running. I think people around me suffered more than I did, they were very relieved when I was allowed to run again.

Now if I have a minor injury I rest in case I make it worse. Iwould rather miss a few days now and again rather than risk not being able to run for six months again. I would end up getting divorced, sacked and disowned by my friends and even probably the dogs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Edward Chapman said:
Now if I have a minor injury I rest in case I make it worse. Iwould rather miss a few days now and again rather than risk not being able to run for six months again. I would end up getting divorced, sacked and disowned by my friends and even probably the dogs.
Amen!! I went back to running too soon after hurting my ankle from climbing once... and to my dentriment!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I didn't do anything Friday & Sat :embarrassed: am I in trouble? :confused:

Oh most definitely the running police are gonna kick down your door any minute, so get your trainers on and scarper.... ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts