Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
If you can run 5 days a week (both physically and logistically) then great! It'd be better to run 2 days, rest 1, run 3, rest 1, rather than run 5 rest 2 (in my opinion of course).

I currently run 3-4 times a week, though usually 3, and my improvements have been fairly steady since I started. I keep meaning to build up to 5 days a week but haven't worked it out to fit in properly with the rest of my life just yet :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cool, i agree with richardsimkiss, if you can manage 5 days a week running, go for it! But split it up a bit more with one day rest in the middle of the week and one at the end

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just started and I'm running three or four times a week. That's fine for me as I really feel it on the days in between. Listen to your body I would say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run twice a week at the moment. I think adding another day would be worth doing, my fitness has improved even with two runs a week.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I could only run once a week to start with - my poor joints couldn't take it - and even then only a mile (and I used to run loads as a teenager). Now I've got up to two times a week - and managed almost two miles today. It's been hard to admit to myself that I need to build up my muscles and joints, and it's been very frustrating too, but I'm determined not to let my body get the better of me, so I'm treating it kindly and I'm getting there slowly.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This week I'm going for 5 days on and 2 days off and see how I feel.
I get a rush running now and want to go out everyday, but I really could not physicaly do it:d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts