Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a half marathon on 7th June, the training is going well and it looks like a should be getting a decent time for my first one.:cool: :d

What i wanted to ask was, how soon could i potentially do another half marathon afterwards?

J

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Month would be fine... I did 2 halfs 14 days apart last year, and although I was pushing myself to go faster in teh second, I seemed to struggle with it more... I certainly felt like I wasn't fully recovered, and heavy legged from the first half - A month should be absolutely fine though :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your replies are very much appreciated, i will definetely consider running the mansfield a month after but i'll see how the first one goes...

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Not trying to go one better or anything Richard but I did 2 last year a week apart and pb'd on the second, I ran both at my race pace, but on the first one the elements were very much against me wind, rain hail you name it, it came down and I wasn't happy with the time I did and so I ran another a week later although I pb'd again I still didn't hit my target, but I will next time. I hope :confused:

I would just like to add this isn't something I would recommend to anyone, like Richard says it's down to the individual.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
That could well be the case - I would've thought 2 weeks should be enough time to recover, and i've never been sure if it was the previous half mara, or the fact that I was running at an increased pace that destroyed me in the second attempt.

It's all down to the individual as well - like those maniacs who manage marathons day after day after day - mental!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts