Runners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My question is, what's the best way to run? I've heard different opinions and can't figure out which one is true. The first is to run slowly but at the same speed; the second is to combine slow and fast running at the same intervals. Please tell me which one is better. Thank you!

·
Registered
151 Posts
The best way to run is the way you enjoy most :)

I'm sort of serious, although it does depend on why you are running. If you are planning on competing in the next Olympics then enjoyment might not be your top priority. But if it's just to increase your general fitness then it's going to be a lot easier to keep doing it if it's enjoyable. Or not too unenjoyable :)

Try both to see which way you prefer. Or keep doing both; you might find mixing it up more fun than just doing the same thing every time.

'Interval' training, where you do intervals of fast running with slow recovery running/jogging between, can be great for improving your race times. But it can be hard work on your own; I found it a lot easier doing it in a group at the athletics club. However, you don't need to do it just to get fit.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts