Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

MRM here. I live and work in Birmingham. :lol: As you are probaby aware Birmingham has its first 1/2M this Oct. The last time I think it had one was the early 90s (Pearl Assurance) So it would be rude not to have a go.:rolleyes:

I have done all this before but many moons ago the early 80s to be honest :'( but I was younger and a few pounds ok make that stones ::lol: lighter.

Anyway enough from me be safe out there folks and see you around.....well virtually at least.

MRM ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Howdy MRM... I'm thinking about running the Brimingham half as I'm not too far away. How's your training going?

Glad to have you on the forum :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi MRM

Welcome to RF.

TT :d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy MRM... I'm thinking about running the Brimingham half as I'm not too far away. How's your training going?

Glad to have you on the forum

Cheers for welcome folks :cool: As its been such a long time since I did all this :'(

Have started very slowly :p me been a fifty something 15st + person....

Week 1 2 nights of good old Body Pump idea to strengthen and stretch parts not used or seen for some time :d Tues & Thurs

Week 2 Same 2 nights doing Body Pump with 2 days either side a slow steady 2 miler. Wed & Fri.

after all that a nice rest Sat & Sun

Week 3 Monday (this evening) upped the 2 miler a tad form slow to not so slow, to-morrow B.P. then alternate similar to Thurs. Rest Fri & Sat ..... Sun step up to 3 miles :((

At the weigh in this moning .....start of Week 3 I have shed 4lbs since Week 1 now a 1lb under 15st, I will let you do the maths..plus no beer for the duration so far....Watch this space

MRM ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hi MRM, welcome to RF

well done with the weight loss...keep it going!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts