Runners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just a quick intro and hello!

I'm Martin, 27 years old, 6' tall, 155lb (11st) and have just decided to take up running!

I've been a smoker since the age of 16/17 and finally kicked the habit about 11 weeks ago and not looked back once!:d It was the best thing I have managed to do in my life! I waited 2 months before I started any kind of exercise just incase my lungs exploded or something!!

I go running with a mate who has also just given up the dreaded **** so we are taking it very slowly, we do two laps around a resevoir twice a week so we do about 4 miles a week at the moment. It's a very stop/start kind of running, we have to run for 5 minutes, then walk for 2 and so on but it's better than nothing.

Having been doing it for about 4 weeks now, I have to say I am loving it, a lot more than I thought I would, it helps the weather is alot better now! Although I'm having a lot of aches and pains around the body from it but thats to be expected at first i suppose!!

Happy running! :)

·
Registered
20,659 Posts
Good on you for giving up that horrible habit........hopefully you'll find that running will keep you from returning to the ****...and just think of the money you're now saving...you'll be able to buy some decent running kit with it all!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts