Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

just a quick intro and hello!

I'm Martin, 27 years old, 6' tall, 155lb (11st) and have just decided to take up running!

I've been a smoker since the age of 16/17 and finally kicked the habit about 11 weeks ago and not looked back once!:d It was the best thing I have managed to do in my life! I waited 2 months before I started any kind of exercise just incase my lungs exploded or something!!

I go running with a mate who has also just given up the dreaded fags so we are taking it very slowly, we do two laps around a resevoir twice a week so we do about 4 miles a week at the moment. It's a very stop/start kind of running, we have to run for 5 minutes, then walk for 2 and so on but it's better than nothing.

Having been doing it for about 4 weeks now, I have to say I am loving it, a lot more than I thought I would, it helps the weather is alot better now! Although I'm having a lot of aches and pains around the body from it but thats to be expected at first i suppose!!

Happy running! :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good on you for giving up that horrible habit........hopefully you'll find that running will keep you from returning to the fags...and just think of the money you're now saving...you'll be able to buy some decent running kit with it all!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts