Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any ladies out there that use a HRM? So can I ask a really embarrassing question: do you strap the HRM chest strap above or below your boobs? I imagine below, but then what keeps it from slipping down to your waist? I just can't see how it would stay up.

And as I've asked my husband for a Garmin 30? for Christmas, I have been wondering whether it's worth getting the 305, since I'm by no means convinced these straps are designed for us ladies.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well I'm glad somebody else has this problem. I tried my husband's out and it just ended up round my waist! Waste of time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess taping the strap is an idea. Not sure its a comfortable one. So if anyone else has any knowledge of this apparently strange subject, I'd be glad to know. What do the companies say that design these things anyway?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I understand Nike have produced a running top with an inbuilt HRM - I think they're only about £700.00. Yer right!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - since I was really puzzled about this, I wrote an email to www.heartratemonitors.co.uk. Here is their answer:

Thanks for the mail and question about the chest belt. It is worn BELOW the bust. Normally tucked in between the bottom of your sports bra and your bare skin. Basically it should be across the sternum. You should wear it reasonably tight, but not restrictive. We do not have any complaints of them slipping down.

So tucked into a sportsbra sounds like a good solution.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Cheryl said:
I understand Nike have produced a running top with an inbuilt HRM - I think they're only about £700.00. Yer right!
700 pounds - good god, they surely can't sell many of these ....... can they ??

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have HRM I wear mine just below my bra so it doesnt hurt me or get in the way. I havent had any problems with mine.

You can get bras that have a holder for them already - I think that shock absorbers do them. But they dont go to my size :(

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I was thinking of asking my OH for a heart rate monitor for christmas and was wondering about the boob issue. Where can you buy these shock absorber bras Karen? Do LessBounce stock them?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've just had a look at Lessbounce's website: they do a Minimal Bounce Heart Rate Monitor Bra from Dans-ez. In sizes small to XL and also XXL. £23.99.

So there is some hope, and I think I'm going to buy one to try it out. Now how does my 34C size equate to S-M-L? I guess I'll try Medium.

Bring on Christmas and that 305.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Just passed the idea of a HRM past OH and he didn't have a fit, which is always a good idea. Of course the gadet freak in me would love a Garmin but its just soo expensive. I quite like the idea of one that vibrates as well as beeps and as far as I'maware only oregon scientific do those - anyone any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Karen said:
I've just had a look at Lessbounce's website: they do a Minimal Bounce Heart Rate Monitor Bra from Dans-ez. In sizes small to XL and also XXL. £23.99.

So there is some hope, and I think I'm going to buy one to try it out. Now how does my 34C size equate to S-M-L? I guess I'll try Medium.

Bring on Christmas and that 305.
I was having a nose around the site today rather than just look at the "new posts" only and was wondering how are you getting on with the strap and more importantly your super sonic 305???

I have used a hr strap for a couple years and the only problem I have is it rubs on my skin so I have to use "brave soldier" cream which works great. I also have it placed under my sports bra...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
twinkle toes said:
I was having a nose around the site today rather than just look at the "new posts" only and was wondering how are you getting on with the strap and more importantly your super sonic 305???

I have used a hr strap for a couple years and the only problem I have is it rubs on my skin so I have to use "brave soldier" cream which works great. I also have it placed under my sports bra...
I got my super-duper Garmin 305 for Christmas, and I've found the strap to be no problem at all, Twinkle Toes. I've been wearing the HRM strap just underneath my bra, so that it gets held up by the bra. After 2 minutes of wearing it, it is so comfortable that I forget that I even have it on. And also, I'm just wearing ordinary M&S sportsbras. So all in all, the HRM has worked out fine, and all my earlier worries were unfounded.

As far the 305 - it's just a superb piece of kit. I autolap it for every mile that I run so that I can see how I'm doing mile for mile. It's fantastic - it gives me so much info, and there's so much more functionality to explore still.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts