Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Stotty said:
No but its not far from me and its another one i think will be down on my 2008 calendar.
It's a hard, hilly race - so get in some hill reps before you do it. it's usually around the last Sunday in February. Another good one, just over the hill from you, is the Meltham 10K, usually the last Sunday in January. There's changing, showers and a good club room. Again, it's hilly but very enjoyable. I ran it last year and will probably do it again next.
Cheer!

·
Registered
30 Posts
thinking about joining a club, id get to know more of these runs wouldnt i????? is it worth it? east cheshire harriers isnt that far from me!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
coolerking said:
thinking about joining a club, id get to know more of these runs wouldnt i????? is it worth it? east cheshire harriers isnt that far from me!
By all means join a club. It will help maintain your motivation, teach you all you want to know about running and racing, sharpen you and make you more competitive. Don't know much about East Cheshire Harriers - except there's a chap there called Ron Woolmer who used to beat me occasionally!
Cheers!

·
Registered
180 Posts
That sounds like me ive been promising to join a club or running group for ages but havent plucked up the courage either. I did ring someone about it once and they have a break over the summer and start up again in September but i havent rang her back in September yet

·
Registered
180 Posts
It was a running group not club, its a woman at school that runs the delph donkeys (dont laugh) its more a womens group i think but it sounded really good they do hill, speed and general runs. I keep meaning to speak to her at school maybe thats my goal for after this 10k. And i tried to contact the Saddleworth running club by email and register on their site but no one ever got back to me (theyve probably seen me run and thought they'd choose to ignore me ha)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Stotty said:
No but its not far from me and its another one i think will be down on my 2008 calendar.
Another good race just over the hill from you Stotty is the Traveller's 6 over a scenic undulating route which starts and finishes at the Pie Hall in Denby Dale. It has a really good atmosphere with free cake and sandwiches for all runners after the race. It's on December 16th, but hurry, there's an entry limit of 200 this year.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Stotty said:
How would i find out details on it?
Go to Denby Dale Travellers website: www.denbydaletravellers.co.uk Click on the three lovely ladies then, at the bottom of the list that appears, you can print out an entry form for the race. If you do decide to do it I'd advise you to get there early to find a parking space. The reason it's been limited to 200 this year is because of parking problems.
Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts