Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just come back from my long run of the weekend (10 miles, thought the route was 12 :mad: ) and had a humiliating experience. I got over taken by a woman running with a pushchair :eek:

I was running on a cycle track and I heard some wheels - I remember thinking it was a bit slow for a bike and getting a huge shock when she came by. And when I say she came by me it wasn't by a little, she must have been doing 7 minute miles, with a push chair, on an offroad course

Still can't complain, I managed a good pace on the 5 miles back, probably helped by her :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Don't worry about it, as long as you're out running that's the main thing.

I've been slagged rotten at work because I've been beaten in my last two races by someone competing in the V75 category!:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey, don't worry about it. I almost got overtaken by a 70-year old today. And he was only doing about 8-minute miles (which is still remarkable at his age). Luckily I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye so I hit the gas. When I turned around again he was a speck on the horizon, but I was, erm, a little short for breath :embarrassed: .

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
fandango said:
Just come back from my long run of the weekend (10 miles, thought the route was 12 :mad: ) and had a humiliating experience. I got over taken by a woman running with a pushchair :eek:

I was running on a cycle track and I heard some wheels - I remember thinking it was a bit slow for a bike and getting a huge shock when she came by. And when I say she came by me it wasn't by a little, she must have been doing 7 minute miles, with a push chair, on an offroad course

Still can't complain, I managed a good pace on the 5 miles back, probably helped by her :d
I got passed by her and i was in my crap green car:eek: so no shame for you fandango!;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
headspin said:
Hey, don't worry about it. I almost got overtaken by a 70-year old today. And he was only doing about 8-minute miles (which is still remarkable at his age). Luckily I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye so I hit the gas. When I turned around again he was a speck on the horizon, but I was, erm, a little short for breath :embarrassed: .

so in other words you gassed him out? That's no way to treat your elders! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I got overtaken the other day while I was waiting for my garmin to lock on. Big fella, looked fitter than me, and wearing an athletics leotard even less masculine than my own. Obviously the gauntlet was thrown!!

So I totally floored it when the watch was ready, did sub-7 minutes on my warm-up mile :eek: Caught him up, hovered at his shoulder for a while, then cruised past. P0wned! :cool: Obviously I slowed right down again later, but he never caught me up ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
fandango said:

Offroad course? That baby must have been shake rattle and rollin'! :d

1 - 20 of 34 Posts