Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but it feels like starting as a newbie again :(

This morning I managed 30 mins on the elyptical trainer and 20 mins of a walk program on the treadmill. I can feel the ankle but it doesn't hurt and I stopped before it did.

I know it isn't much but it is a start and it felt good to be doing something :)

PS. I had forgotten how good Shakiras; Oral Fixation is :love:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good news then Hrun...take it easy though...don't rush the comeback.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Good news that your on the road to recovery, or should that be the treadmill to recovery :) Take it easy and don't push yourself to much. Better to recover 100% than hurt yourself again with a 95% fixed injury.

O.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Steve,

I am not even sure I will be doing the Torbay 10K on the 24th yet. This is going to have to be slow as it is still not right, but I have to do something, I am going stir crazy and have put 5lbs back on despite watching my eats.

Fortunately I have the treadmill which makes it easy to control the intensity and build up. I can venture back outside once fully recovered. And stay of the cliff paths :(

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
That's the trouble isn't it...I run so I can eat...if I don't run those pounds pile back on as I still eat the same amounts!!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have also had a beer to many as I am on holiday and missing the running. Really the gain is quite small and I am still 2-1/2 st lighter than when I started so it is not all bad.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I have also had a beer to many as I am on holiday and missing the running. Really the gain is quite small and I am still 2-1/2 st lighter than when I started so it is not all bad.
Don't worry about having a few beers on holiday, it's allowed!

Glad to hear you're on the raod to recovery! :)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Onwards and upwards. 30 min elyptical and 30 min walk. Although I can feel the ankle it felt the same as the other during my stretch after :)

A few more days like this and I might try a jog. I have been thinking to and I feel in the obsession over distance I have lost track of my primary goal, to lose weight.

As I ease back in I am going to do less distance and more low impact exercise. Such as biking, elyptical and I have dug out my rower. Once the weight is there I can build back the distance and pace will come with that.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have enough trouble swimming round the yoofs, imagine the stick I would get. Apart from that it sounds interesting.

For weight loss I have plenty of options. As for the running I just need to build it more slowly and stay off the cliff path which did the damage.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, you can forget the 10K Sunday I think.

I managed 5 mins (1/2 mile) today and it twinged. I am not spending months with this so it is off the running for another week before I try again.

I can walk okay, Elyptical, Rower and Cycle should keep me amused and hopefully continue the weight. I am back to 15 6 so on track again :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You seem to have a positive attitude about it, and are cross training to maintain fitness, I expect there is not much more you can do except wait for the injury to heal and keep up what you are doing.

Best of luck, shame you had to pull out of your race, but there will be more, so keep up that positive attitude :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Nope, you can forget the 10K Sunday I think.

I managed 5 mins (1/2 mile) today and it twinged. I am not spending months with this so it is off the running for another week before I try again.

I can walk okay, Elyptical, Rower and Cycle should keep me amused and hopefully continue the weight. I am back to 15 6 so on track again :)
sorry to hear that Hrun :(

Take it steady...there are plenty of other races, and I'm sure you'll be fine for the half next year ;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
sorry to hear Hrun, it is frustrating but you are doing well with your cardio keep it up it will all help in the end. :happy:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
awwwwww Hrun sorry to hear hope it heals soon :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts