Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Sorry about this... but this is THE most read article on runners world....Paula did the same on TV so let's not get too abhorent about it!

Anybody in the UK have a similar tale to tell?

' Anonymous>
Posted May 24, 2006 07:15 PM
i crapped my pants at the end of a 10k road race, in front of the finish line where hundreds of people were standing. it was the worst experience of my life. it wasn't just a squirt either.....i was wearing small runners shorts, with no underwear, so the **** was running down my legs. not to mention, the smell made a few other runners gag as they ran past me.
i felt fine for most of the race, but at about 8k, i started to feel sick. i figured i could get through the last 2k, but i was wrong. as soon as i picked it up to try and kick in, i started crapping all over and i couldn't stop. i slowly came to a stop about 50 ft from the finish line and tried as hard as i could to stop shitting. i walked very slowly to the side of the road, and people scattered as i stepped under the ropes to try and make it to the port-a-johns. i never finished the race, and i didn't run for months after. that was 6 years ago, so i'm pretty much over it, but i haven't run many races since then. i still get a hard time about it, and i have recieved many comments from strangers about it, like "you must have used every bit of energy you had because you weren't even able to hold your anus closed for 30 more meters" and "hey, you crapped your pants at that race".
i never ate eggs as a pre-race breakfast again. that was messy. it wasn't fun trying to wipe the **** off my legs with a mostly used roll of 1-ply toilet paper either. i looked like i had a tan on my legs from the smeared poop after i got out of the john an headed for my car.
i wouldn't have posted this if anyone here knew my name. thank goodness for anonymous posts.

You ought to see the posts on this one!

Sorry Granty, Dave etal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a reply!

sorry guys -- i've gotta bump this thread, because this really almost happened to me today. the willpower to keep running through pain is NOTHING compared to the willpower to keep running at the risk of soiling oneself.

thus spake Athena. for more details, you'll have to read my blog.

http://www.RunAthena.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
further reply from mextothemax

Sure this is every runner's worst nightmare; my suggestion make sure you have a least two scoops of metamucil the night before your run, you'll take the best **** in the morning and I assure you this tragedy will never happen to you.

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
post by KAZREWOM

You sound pretty tramatized from this experience but I can assure you that you're not alone as most people have done something similar or come close. Maybe not while racing or even running. I crapped my pants at work one day, walked into the bathroom right after lunch, stood at the urinal, lifted my leg to float an air biscuit and then...all down my leg. It was bad too, not a shart, a full-blown crap. Luckily, it was a salary position and I didn't have to punch a clock, there were no supers around so I jumped in my car, headed home, showered and changed pants. Nobody even noticed that I was gone.
I laugh everytime I tell the story. Afterall if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? Besides, if there's one thing that my 6 year old has taught me it's that there aren't too many things funnier than poop!

If you ain't first, you're last!
-Ricky Bobby

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reply from runningmom01

Funny you should mention it. I got up at my usual time of 0415. Out the door and on the road by 0430. 1 mile into it, I had a poker! You know what I mean? Running with your cheeks squeezed together till you can find a place to do your business so the paper delivery guy doesn't see you sure messes up your pace. It is good for taking the focus off the knee pain tho!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
reply from florida princess

I have learned to finely fold baby wipes in a sandwich baggie and tuck it into my *** bag that I wear for long distance runs--keeps my rectum fresh and clean.

ALSO--without fail--two immodium 12 hours before a race is like that maraschino cherry on a sundae.

**shorter of breath, and one day closer to death**

Shut Up and Run.

Posts: 1201 | Location: Orange Park, Florida | Registered: October 11, 2006

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reply from toitoisegirl

See, I just can't understand this entire thing. Don't you know when you go during the day? I mean, my dogs always poo at exactly the same times. And how many times a day are you having to go?

I can understand not being able to predict when you have to pee, but...well, I don't get it.

Upcoming Races
La Jolla Half-Apr 2007
San Diego Rock & Roll Full-Jun 2007
America's Finest City Half-Aug 2007
Posts: 1531 | Location: 6000' in California | Registered: November 08, 2006

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was woken very early this morning by the snoring log that turns into my hubby once he gets out of bed..anyway decided to go for lovely early morning run in the sunshine. Problem is my regular bowel movement time hasn't arrived yet - so I try EVERYTHING - bending, stretching, warm drinks, stomach massage, forceful pushing - all to no avail and I just knew, JUST KNEW once I started to run it would happen. Off to the run which luckily is close to plenty of bushes, 3 seconds into run and SQUAT. I nearly fell over laughing as I imagined I was actually doing it again in front of the thousands of Running Mag readers. I know a few folks on here find it very offensive but trust me it isn't something I planned to do. And it is natural and should be spoken about and accepted then we wouldn't have so much embarrassment about these things and could maybe all meet up and Squat together and discuss running.

Don't worry - Just run

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's freakin awesome. You should just make that your thing man. You could crap at every finish line. You could be known as the crap man! If I knew you were going to be at a race and **** yourself I would come and watch.

====================

Greetings Earthlings!
Posts: 425 | Location: Atmosphere | Registered: June 19, 2006

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
moruns you shouldn't agitate this guy, by replying to it ur just gunna make him put more absolutely retarded posts on this forum. And i am pretty sure that everyone else is sick of reading this guy's posts, which are everywhere on the forums. And whoever replies nicely to this guy should be forced to leave this forum immediately.
Posts: 38 | Location: Grand Island, Nebraska | Registered: April 28, 2005

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Posted July 10, 2006 12:44 PM Hide Post
please stop posting this stupid thing mr. "<Anonymous>" and leave the forums. we're all tired of reading this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Posted August 16, 2006 07:18 PM Hide Post
Yeah, this little kid has been posting this for a while now. I think that the "anonymous" posting feature should be removed from this forum so juveniles aren't allowed to tell this BS story all of the time. I would bet that "booftard" is him or his little buddy since this is their only post and he doesn't mention the name of the race. This has to be a kid posting this all of the time. I have seen this same post atleast 10 times now. GOOOOOOOO AWAY LOSER!!!! AND GROW UP SOMEDAY

"A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts."
-Steve Prefontaine

PR: 5K 28:32 Race For The Cure OKC, OK 2005; 1/2 Marathon 2:22:55 OKC National Memorial Half Marathon 2005; 5Miles 1:14:46 Worlds Highest Hill 5 Miller(Almost All Uphill) Poteau, OK 2005; Yearly Mileage 2006 - 405 Miles and climbing.
Posts: 511 | Location: Yukon, Oklahoma | Registered: May 06, 2006

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great. After reading this it sounds like you have a problem with that stuff out of both your openings.

At least you could have crossed the finish line and given us your race time.

Let us know where the event was so we can avoid attending future races in the area where juveniles like you aren't toilet trained.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's against my better judgement to reply but I was having a pretty bad day and this unfortunately made me laugh out loud. I'm in pretty serious office environment so I shouldn't even be on this site.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's amazing is that some of you keep replying to this stupid *** post which is full of lies. IT NEVER HAPPENED !! STOP BUMPING THIS TO THE TOP!! THIS WAS FIRST POSTED IN MAY, IT'S NOT FUNNY, LET IT DIE!!!

And before anyone says anything, it was already at the top when I replied.

Wow, I feel better now.

Plus I would bet that "Burger", "Juggernaut", "kelstar" and "booftard" are all the same person. Most likely the moron that started this post.

"A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts."
-Steve Prefontaine

PR: 5K 28:32 Race For The Cure OKC, OK 2005; 1/2 Marathon 2:22:55 OKC National Memorial Half Marathon 2005; 5Miles 1:14:46 Worlds Highest Hill 5 Miller(Almost All Uphill) Poteau, OK 2005; Yearly Mileage 2006 - 405 Miles and climbing.
Posts: 511 | Location: Yukon, Oklahoma | Registered: May 06, 200

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is a funny story, i cant believe he craped his pants, im in school right now and i cant keep from cracking up, this is more funnier then the deer that chased that kid at the XC race in Ca.

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last.
You can say 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
Posts: 12 | Location: South Portsmouth, Ky | Registered: October 26, 2006

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It could be a real story because one of my teammates in HS crapped his pants in the mile. What was so bad is that he was not close to placing in the meet and he still finished the race with it coming down his legs and he did not throw away his shorts and underwear. He put them in his bag and brought them on the bus and it was the worst ride back. He got teased for the rest of his HS career. I would have pulled off the track and went to the bathroom. I had to do the deuce in a marathon and ran into a fast food place. Better than in my pants.

Others run to live, I live to run. I believe in fueling my urge, giving into my need for the run. I have an addiction but I do not have a problem. Running is my vice. I am here to seek the truth
I am a runaholic

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I probably should not reply to this but I just laughed my *** off!! I don't care if that was true or not.

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible"
Posts: 189 | Location: suburban Chicago | Registered: September 05, 2006

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, it's getting bumped to the top again, I find just about anything about PooP funny.

Call me immature, I don't care!

~Janelle~

Fall Frolic 5k 27:54 (PR)
Indy Mini 5-5-07
Chicago Marathon 10-07

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the first time I've seen this post and it's pretty damn funny, true or not! This has always been my biggest fear in a race, and I hate to say it but I've had a couple of close calls myself. I'm afraid someday I'll be posting a similar story....
Posts: 882 | Location: Hell | Registered: September 18, 2006

1 - 20 of 26 Posts