Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Edinburgh marathon came and went, and for my first, it wasn`t too bad..3.47 was my time.I walked a couple hundred yards at 22 miles and 24 miles but then put everything in it and sprint finished.If you are a runner I would recommend you all do a marathon in your lifetime..what an experience!!I will never do another one, but I will never forget this one.SORE today, like I`ve never been sore before, but that will leave me, the memory will remain...yehaaaaaa!
Mark:d

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
mr red said:
Well Edinburgh marathon came and went, and for my first, it wasn`t too bad..3.47 was my time.I walked a couple hundred yards at 22 miles and 24 miles but then put everything in it and sprint finished.If you are a runner I would recommend you all do a marathon in your lifetime..what an experience!!I will never do another one, but I will never forget this one.SORE today, like I`ve never been sore before, but that will leave me, the memory will remain...yehaaaaaa! Mark:d
Well done Mark, that's a pretty good time for a first marathon. In spite of saying 'never again' you'll be planning your next in no time at all. What's a bit of soreness compared to the elation of crossing that finish line? To plant a little seed - your half marathon time suggests you can do the full one in 3.22. Go for it man!
Cheers!

·
Registered
123 Posts
well done !
I bet you are still buzzing and starting to plan the next!
definately on my do before i die list but has to be London.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Well done mr red :)
i did my first last year and despite things going all wrong, it was such a feeling to cross that line!
Just like you said, I think everyone with the possibility to do it should complete a marathon.

Come the second one now mr red!!!! :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts