Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:d Hi!

I did my 1st road run today.
A grand total of 1.5 miles :embarrassed: I am very happy with this as my 1st road run though.

I must say I am shocked at how different it was than running on a treadmill. In the gym I managed 3 miles.

As I started to run I noticed I was getting out of breath too quick so I slowed my pace down and recovered. I had no problem with my breathing once I got into the run until I got home when I noticed how painful it seemed in my lungs. I assume this was the cool fresh air of the evening??

Ok so road running is different from the treadmill but I am glad I started on the treadmill as this gave me the confidence to run. I had no problem with my legs at all while I was running and I am sure I could have gone further but I wanted to enjoy the run so did not push myself today.

Isn't it great to run outside with your head up enjoying the scenery, enjoying the breeze. I am very happy tonight.
I ran as a child and now i'm 40 i'm starting to run again.;)

So now I'm into my 6th week.

I can only hope the future will reward me with my efforts.

Thanks for all feedback left in my previous posts that have helped me.

Dean

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Great stuff Dean............. thumbs_up.gif

No going back now.....................

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I am sooooooo glad you got out there, and it was a success too, you definitely did the right thing by not going to far.

Good for you and keep it going.

TT

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just think of all the new places you can explore now! I have a treadmill too but I rarely use it - there's no comparison. Outdoors is where it's at:)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Steve said:
Well done Dean.......welcome to the great outdoors!!
Having said that I have a treadmill and do use it quite a bit...just did 6m on it this morning...and find it useful for running exact mileage and at a certain controlled speed. Running outside is so much nicer though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts