Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's me running on the treadmill thinking Im doing really well and Ive just found out that the machine has been set on Kilometres not miles :( I thought I had ran 13miles in 90 mins and I was really pleased with myself and all set for the 1/2 marathon in March....now I have found out I have only done 8 miles! I will need to adjust my pace and see how long it takes me to do the 13miles....

Gutted!

O.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah, last year when my doctor was trying to encourage me to enter the half marathon he said that I could easily do the 13.1 on the 6 or so miles I had ran at the time! Don't worry! Distance than speed is how I go. 8 miles is very respectable.

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the comments. Was just a bit annoyed that was all. Its back to the gym tomorrow night so will see how I get on. Its only a 20min run tomorrow though so no long distances...

Just a quick question, I have got some running shorts which are very comfortable but I've found after an hour of running they start to rub a bit. I notice they have a lyric inner which almost look like you could wear the shorts without boxershorts or underwear but Im not sure if this is the point of the lyric stuff inside......any ideas?

O.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I never wear undies with my running shorts, I've always assumed that's what the lining is for, and I only ever seem to suffer on my longest runs
I agree.

Don`t forget the Vaseline. ( how many times have I said that on here..............:embarrassed: )

·
Registered
707 Posts
I personally wouldn't want to vaseline myself up... I'd much rather just put in the extra effort and money into buying a decent pair of leggins that have flat seams and stuff... But then I don't have testicles...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
I personally wouldn't want to vaseline myself up... I'd much rather just put in the extra effort and money into buying a decent pair of leggins that have flat seams and stuff... But then I don't have testicles...
Leggings are not for me,unless its really cold and very dark.

Running just wouldn`t be the same without Vaseline.............:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Blimey that sounded really gay...........:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well now I am running with the treadmill on miles rather than Km's I have just managed 6.14 miles in an hour this morning so pretty pleased with that.
I reckon by the time the 1/2 marathon comes along I should completing it in about 2 hours....unlike the 1.5 hours I was doing 13k in :)

O.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts